Wednesday 18 September 2013

Wendy House Wednesday: Bookcrossing

The instructions are:
  • Don't over-think. 
  • Spend no more than 15 minutes. 
  • It doesn't have to be perfect.
Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...Try Bookcrossing one of your unwanted books. I love leaving books around and wondering who will pick them up. I've never had any of my releases reported through the site, though. My aunt has had a lot more success doing it privately through her blog, and before I ever heard of bookcrossing formally I had great fun with my writing friend Sarah dropping books around the park on a sunny afternoon.

Pick a book you no longer want. Put a sticky note on the front explaining that anyone can pick it up and take it home. You could register it with Bookcrossing.com and download an official bookplate, or not as you please. I'm going to put a note with a link to this post in the front cover. Perhaps the finder will drop by and say hi. Put it by the front door and take it with you to release next time you go out.

Update here.


No comments:

Post a Comment